This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFC reminder: an alternative -fsched-pressure implementation
- From: Ramana Radhakrishnan <ramana dot radhakrishnan at linaro dot org>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, vmakarov at redhat dot com, ulrich dot weigand at linaro dot org, rdsandiford at googlemail dot com
- Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 15:16:20 +0100
- Subject: Re: RFC reminder: an alternative -fsched-pressure implementation
- References: <email@example.com>
> The condition I orignally set myself was that this patch should only
> go in if it becomes the default on at least one architecture,
> specifically ARM. ?Ulrich tells me that Linaro have now made it
> the default for ARM in their GCC 4.7 release, so hopefully Ramana
> would be OK with doing the same in upstream 4.8.
Before I approve that I'd like to hopefully see some numbers across
the M-class cores as well so that we make sure that side of the
architecture isn't missed out (I don't expect it to make a huge
difference there but it's still worth checking) - I'm quite happy for
it to be default on A8 and A9 based on the evidence I've seen so far.