This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH][ARM] NEON DImode immediate constants
- From: Andrew Stubbs <ams at codesourcery dot com>
- To: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: "patches at linaro dot org" <patches at linaro dot org>
- Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 14:00:00 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][ARM] NEON DImode immediate constants
- References: <4F4CFEC6.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4F7595ED.email@example.com>
On 30/03/12 12:15, Andrew Stubbs wrote:
On 28/02/12 16:20, Andrew Stubbs wrote:
This patch implements 64-bit immediate constant loads in NEON.
The current state is that you can load const_vector, but not const_int.
This is clearly not ideal. The result is a constant pool entry when it's
The patch disables the movdi_vfp patterns for loading DImode values, if
the operand is const_int and NEON is enabled, and extends the neon_mov
pattern to include DImode const_int, as well as the const_vector
operands. I've modified neon_valid_immediate only enough to accept
const_int input - the logic remains untouched.
That patch failed to bootstrap successfully, but this updated patch
bootstraps and tests with no regressions.