This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch, i386] Avoid LCP stalls (issue5975045)
- From: Uros Bizjak <ubizjak at gmail dot com>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: Teresa Johnson <tejohnson at google dot com>, "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>, reply at codereview dot appspotmail dot com
- Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 09:41:34 +0200
- Subject: Re: [Patch, i386] Avoid LCP stalls (issue5975045)
> New patch to avoid LCP stalls based on feedback from earlier patch. I modified
> H.J.'s old patch to perform the peephole2 to split immediate moves to HImode
> memory. This is now enabled for Core2, Corei7 and Generic.
> 2012-04-04 Teresa Johnson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * config/i386/i386.h (ix86_tune_indices): Add
> * config/i386/i386.md (move immediate to memory peephole2):
> Add cases for HImode move when LCP stall avoidance is needed.
> * config/i386/i386.c (initial_ix86_tune_features): Initialize
> X86_TUNE_LCP_STALL entry.
- && !TARGET_USE_MOV0
- && TARGET_SPLIT_LONG_MOVES
- && get_attr_length (insn) >= ix86_cur_cost ()->large_insn
+ && ((TARGET_LCP_STALL
+ && GET_MODE (operands) == HImode)
+ || (!TARGET_USE_MOV0
+ && TARGET_SPLIT_LONG_MOVES
+ && get_attr_length (insn) >= ix86_cur_cost ()->large_insn))
Please change added condition to:
&& ((<MODE>mode == HImode
Please also add H.J. as co-author of this change to ChangeLog.
OK with these changes.