This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [SH] PR50751 - rework displacement calculations pt. 2
- From: Kaz Kojima <kkojima at rr dot iij4u dot or dot jp>
- To: oleg dot endo at t-online dot de
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2012 17:18:46 +0900 (JST)
- Subject: Re: [SH] PR50751 - rework displacement calculations pt. 2
- References: <1333488295.19154.22.camel@yam-132-YW-E178-FTW>
Oleg Endo <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> The attached patch restructures the move insn displacement calculations
> a bit more. The idea is to have the displacement addressing decision
> making logic in a few simple functions and then re-use those in other
> places, as opposed to having multiple special cases.
> Tested against rev 185893 with...
> make -k check RUNTESTFLAGS="--target_board=sh-sim
> ...and no new failures.
> I've also checked the CSiBE size results for a bunch of variants. There
> is a slight overall code size increase, with a maximum of +0.03% on the
> whole set for -m2 -ml/-mb -Os/-O2) due to some changes on how DImode
> index range decisions are made.