This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [4.5/Ada] Fix build with 4.6 compiler
- From: Arnaud Charlet <charlet at adacore dot com>
- To: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 09:51:42 +0200
- Subject: Re: [4.5/Ada] Fix build with 4.6 compiler
- References: <email@example.com>
> Arno, do you have objections to me applying the attached patch to the 4.5
> branch? It makes it possible to build (and bootstrap) the Ada compiler on the
> 4.5 branch (oldest supported branch) with the 4.6 compiler, which is now the
> system compiler in recent Linux distributions.
Well, we don't guarantee such compatibility in general,
so I'd like to make it clear that people shouldn't expect this combination
to work, and if more complex patches are submitted, we'll likely NOT
The init.c change is clearly already on the edge of kludgy changes and is
NOT ok as is, it requires a clear comments explaining why it's there.
OK with the comment changes.