This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: rs6000 toc reference rtl again
- From: Richard Sandiford <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2012 19:49:04 +0100
- Subject: Re: rs6000 toc reference rtl again
- References: <20120327075431.GA12569@bubble.grove.modra.org>
Alan Modra <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Now that we are back in stage1, I'd like to apply
> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2011-09/msg00304.html, a change to
> toc reference rtl in order to properly specify r2 dependencies. More
> commentary in that url. I'm reposting the patch here since the old
> one no longer applies cleanly, and I've added some ENABLE_CHECKING
> code in rs6000_delegitimize_address.
Sorry to be a pain, but I don't think HIGH is supposed contain
regs either. Both HIGH and CONST are supposed to be true constants.
It's fine to have a non-HIGH expression as the first operand to
a LO_SUM though. Alpha and MIPS use this for small data, where
the first LO_SUM operand is the small data pointer. It can also
be an arbitrary rtx like a PLUS.