This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Dissociate store_expr's temp from exp so that it is not marked as addressable
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- To: Richard Guenther <rguenther at suse dot de>
- Cc: Martin Jambor <mjambor at suse dot cz>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 11:02:11 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Dissociate store_expr's temp from exp so that it is not marked as addressable
- References: <20120329232205.GB2817@virgil.arch.suse.de> <email@example.com> <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Yeah, that sounds reasonable.
There is a further subtlety in the second temp allocation when the expression
doesn't use the alias set of its type. In that case, we cannot pass the type
to set_mem_attributes. In fact, since assign_stack_temp_for_type already
calls the appropriate set_mem_* routines, the best thing to do might be to
remove the call to set_mem_attributes altogether in that case.