This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] Add support for FP bit fields in varasm.c
- From: Richard Guenther <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2012 13:40:42 +0200
- Subject: Re: [patch] Add support for FP bit fields in varasm.c
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAFiYyc1B3kDFxh63Ud_WxgfW3u_TjCJ1dDpUx_47aMueSVWijg@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com>
On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 12:57 PM, Eric Botcazou <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> You should be able to use fold_unary instead of fold_build1.
>> make_signed_type should also not be used, but
>> build_nonstandard_integer_type (or even better, get an integer mode of the
>> same size of the float mode and then use type_for_mode).
> Using the mode size wouldn't work directly for XFmode on x86. ?Moreover the
> precision seems to be the right property in this bit-field context.
> Adjusted patch attached, tested on i586-suse-linux, OK for mainline?
> Eric Botcazou