This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[RFC PATCH 0/3] Fixing expansion of misaligned MEM_REFs on strict-alignment targets
- From: Martin Jambor <mjambor at suse dot cz>
- To: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: Richard Guenther <rguenther at suse dot de>
- Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 02:30:36 +0100
- Subject: [RFC PATCH 0/3] Fixing expansion of misaligned MEM_REFs on strict-alignment targets
this is another iteration of my attempts to fix expansion of
misaligned memory accesses on strict-alignment platforms (which was
suggested by Richi in
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2011-08/msg00931.html and my first
attempt was posted as
This time I got further, to big extent thanks to parts of Richi's
fixes of PR 50444 which cleaned up expr.c considerably. I have
successfully bootstrapped the combined patch on x86_64-linux,
i686-linux, ia64-linux (without Ada) and sparc64-linux (without Java).
I have run the c and c++ testsuites on individual patches on sparc64
and ia64 too.
Nevertheless, since I still lack experience in this area, there will
almost certainly be comments and suggestions and therefore I have
divided the three main changes to three different patches, so that
they are easier to comment on by both me and anybody reviewing them.
Thanks in advance for any comments,