This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch libgcc]: Fix float128 soft-float for mingw targets
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Kai Tietz <ktietz70 at googlemail dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 15:43:59 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: [patch libgcc]: Fix float128 soft-float for mingw targets
- References: <CAEwic4aZE8WXvs0TwAWr-1GZn6JNzi7_WJ50vBcm45HpdPVGdw@mail.gmail.com>
On Mon, 27 Feb 2012, Kai Tietz wrote:
> 2012-02-27 Kai Tietz <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * soft-fp/quad.h: Mark bitfield-structures as gcc_struct.
> Regression tested for i686-w64-mingw32, x86_64-w64-mingw32, and
> x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu for all languages (including Ada + Obj-C++).
> Ok for apply?
As explained in codingconventions.html, soft-fp is imported from glibc.
For files that come from glibc, you can only copy in the glibc versions,
Thus, you should submit this fix to libc-alpha. You'll need to explain
what the differences in struct layout actually are. In my view, rather
than adding any __MINGW32__ conditionals in the header, you should instead
have an _FP_STRUCT_LAYOUT macro that sfp-machine.h can define, and that
soft-fp.h defines to empty if not defined in sfp-machine.h. That way
quad.h can use _FP_STRUCT_LAYOUT and you avoid any conditionals on
__MINGW32__ in any of the core soft-fp code.
I would have expected any struct layout issue to apply to the other
headers (single.h, double.h, extended.h) just as to quad.h, so if you're
only changing one header you'll need to explain why the issue doesn't
affect the others.
Joseph S. Myers