This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH][ARM] Improve use of conditional execution in thumb mode.
- From: Andrew Stubbs <ams at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "patches at linaro dot org" <patches at linaro dot org>
- Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 18:00:57 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][ARM] Improve use of conditional execution in thumb mode.
- References: <4F3A91A0.email@example.com> <4F3A9A44.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4F3A9B68.email@example.com>
On Tue 14 Feb 2012 17:35:36 GMT, Richard Earnshaw wrote:
Bernds checked in a patch last year (or maybe even before that) to make
the selection of flags clobbered insns run very late (certainly after
condexec had run), so I'm not sure why you're not seeing this.
Hm, you mentioned some peepholes. Try removing them....
Hmmm, it seems you're right. The machine reorg pass now takes care of
this. Well ... that was easy!
Here's a patch to remove the obsolete peepholes. I've confirmed it works
with the testcase.