This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [C++ Patch] PR 51494 (and 52183)
- From: Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>
- To: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Dodji Seketeli <dodji at redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 12:00:05 +0100
- Subject: Re: [C++ Patch] PR 51494 (and 52183)
- References: <4F33C854.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4F39B13B.email@example.com>
This patch fixes this particular bug, but there are some issues.Ah, thanks for your explanations, let's see if I can make some progress.
Or maybe Dodji can kick in?
First, non_static_member_function_p only checks the first function in
the overload set, which may not be representative of all of them. It
really shouldn't look through OVERLOADs, we need to defer this
decision until build_over_call.
Second, the uses of maybe_dummy_object in build_offset_ref,
finish_qualified_id_expr and finish_id_expression could also be
dealing with static member functions.
The underlying problem here is that we're only supposed to capture a
variable/this when it is odr-used, which we can't know until we finish