This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH 4.8 v2, i386]: Make CCZ mode compatible with CCGOC and CCGO modes
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Uros Bizjak <ubizjak at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2012 08:57:40 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 4.8 v2, i386]: Make CCZ mode compatible with CCGOC and CCGO modes
- References: <CAFULd4Z2=GmtJAB4YZxfmtDZGCVCpNWWycjOngHkTM6M5A5J3Q@mail.gmail.com>
On 02/07/2012 08:37 AM, Uros Bizjak wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 1:59 PM, Uros Bizjak <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> Attached patch declares CCZmode compatible with CCGOC, CCGO and CCNO modes.
> Actually, CCZ mode is not compatible with CCNO mode, since the later
> only declares that overflow flag is not set. CCGOC and CCGO declare
> garbage in overflow (and carry in case of CCGOC) flag, so implicitly
> declare that CCZ flag is valid. Following this reasoning, CCZ mode
> should be compatible with CCGOC and CCGO modes.
We should probably fix this confusion by renaming the modes so that
they're all positive:
CCNO -> CCCSZ
CCGC -> CCOSZ
CCGOC -> CCSZ