This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch,AVR]: Tweak 8-bit parity expansion
- From: Denis Chertykov <chertykov at gmail dot com>
- To: Georg-Johann Lay <avr at gjlay dot de>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Eric Weddington <eric dot weddington at atmel dot com>
- Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 18:17:18 +0400
- Subject: Re: [Patch,AVR]: Tweak 8-bit parity expansion
- References: <4EAAB049.email@example.com>
2011/10/28 Georg-Johann Lay <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
> This is minor tweak to support 8-bit parity.
> Otherwise, the input operand of 8-bit values will be extended before parity
> The final representation as libgcc call is not generated in split1 and no more
> in expand. Notice that
> - combine is not allowed to propagate hard regs into zero-extends.
> - combine does not try parity:QI
> Ok for trunk?
> Â Â Â Â* config/avr/avr.md (parityhi2): Expand allowing pseudos.
> Â Â Â Â(*parityhi2): New pre-reload insn-and-split to map 16-bit parity
> Â Â Â Âto the libgcc insn.
> Â Â Â Â(*parityqihi2): Same for 8-bit parity.