This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] dwarf2out crash: missing GTY? (PR 50806)
- From: Laurynas Biveinis <laurynas dot biveinis at gmail dot com>
- To: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 06:37:09 +0300
- Subject: Re: [patch] dwarf2out crash: missing GTY? (PR 50806)
- References: <20111020101408.GA5751@host1.jankratochvil.net>
2011/10/20 Jan Kratochvil <email@example.com>:
> with custom patched dwarf2out.c I got a crash on memory mangled by the garbage
> collector. ÂWith patched GTY there the crash no longer happened - but I do not
> have a reproducer anymore, sorry if it is a bogus patch.
> The memory corrupted later was initially allocated and stored into
> mem_loc_result->dw_loc_oprnd1.v.val_loc. ÂI do not think there is any other
> reference to it than that field with no GTY.
> 2011-10-20 ÂJan Kratochvil Â<firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Â Â Â Â* dwarf2out.c (struct dw_loc_list_struct): Add GTY for expr;
This patch is a no-op, as already pointed out. If this comes up again,
I'd set a conditional breakpoint on ggc_set_mark if (arg == struct
dw_loc_list_struct with the field that gets collected) and try to find
out why the field does not get marked.