This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH 3/6] Emit macro expansion related diagnostics
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Dodji Seketeli <dodji at redhat dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 17:19:55 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 3/6] Emit macro expansion related diagnostics
- References: <CAGWvnyn67+710HX1zJ0VUg8ya0MrxdEmyS0KJgwDJVgoz6yeemail@example.com>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 11:09:04AM -0400, David Edelsohn wrote:
> Your patch broke bootstrap on AIX because of the typedef "loc_t"
> introduced in tree-diagnostics.c. The typedef conflicts with a
> typedef in an AIX 5.3 header file for locales. AIX should not be
> using that namespace, but the failure occurs before fix-includes, so
> it is not possible to fix it there.
At least in POSIX *_t is reserved for the implementation (in any header).
So gcc should use something else.