This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH 3/6] Emit macro expansion related diagnostics
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Dodji Seketeli <dodji at redhat dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 15:19:05 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 3/6] Emit macro expansion related diagnostics
- References: <CAGWvnyn67+710HX1zJ0VUg8ya0MrxdEmyS0KJgwDJVgoz6yefirstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, 18 Oct 2011, David Edelsohn wrote:
> Hey, Dodji,
> Your patch broke bootstrap on AIX because of the typedef "loc_t"
> introduced in tree-diagnostics.c. The typedef conflicts with a
> typedef in an AIX 5.3 header file for locales. AIX should not be
> using that namespace, but the failure occurs before fix-includes, so
> it is not possible to fix it there.
The whole *_t namespace is reserved by POSIX, so it's not unreasonable for
AIX to have some AIX-specific *_t typedefs although it seems quite rare
for this to cause conflicts in practice (and AIX is obviously risking
conflicts with future POSIX revisions by using *_t for its own types).
Joseph S. Myers