This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH 3/7] Emit macro expansion related diagnostics
- From: Dodji Seketeli <dodji at redhat dot com>
- To: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, tromey at redhat dot com, gdr at integrable-solutions dot net, joseph at codesourcery dot com, burnus at net-b dot de, charlet at act-europe dot fr, bonzini at gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2011 23:22:21 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 3/7] Emit macro expansion related diagnostics
- References: <email@example.com>
Jason Merrill <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> I was thinking that you could walk the macro expansions to see if the
> two locations have an expansion in common, and if so compare the
> indices. I guess you could do this only if the locations have the same
> expansion location but are not themselves equal.
OK. I thought about this but wasn't sure if it would be enough. I'll
try this then.
> If comparing the expansion locations is enough for how this function
> is used that's fine, but the name should be adjusted to be more
OK, let's leave this as a fallback if the above proves to be not be
enough, if you don't mind.