This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFC] Builtin infrastructure change
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Michael Meissner <meissner at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: Richard Guenther <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, dje dot gcc at gmail dot com, Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2011 14:11:27 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Builtin infrastructure change
- References: <20110913232752.GA17828@hungry-tiger.westford.ibm.com> <4E7110AE.firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAFiYyc1XG=q8zLjVZjaz7qNSAjTyu8V7zaq1wwa0Wwa8s1=X5Q@mail.gmail.com> <20111001000142.GA5759@hungry-tiger.westford.ibm.com>
On Fri, 30 Sep 2011, Michael Meissner wrote:
> Is this enough of a savings to continue on? I'm of two minds about it, one is
The thing to measure is not so much memory as startup time (how long it
takes to compile an empty source file), which is important for libraries
and programs using a coding style with lots of small source files.
Joseph S. Myers