This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Improving reload inheritance code generation and predictability
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Vladimir Makarov <vmakarov at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 09:02:39 -0700
- Subject: Re: Improving reload inheritance code generation and predictability
- References: <4CE53C3D.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4CE59A33.email@example.com>
On 11/18/10 14:27, Vladimir Makarov wrote:
One more thing. I'll be putting in a temporary timevar so that I can
measure the overhead of the DF scan, insn scan and such.
I am afraid only that it will take some compilation time too (which
will be probably compensated partially by less final insns processing)
and IMHO that is not because of insn traversing but mostly because of
usage of DF-infrastructure.