This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] fix PR 44782, implement -fmax-errors for C-family languages
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Nathan Froyd <froydnj at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, gdr at integrable-solutions dot next
- Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 15:28:09 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] fix PR 44782, implement -fmax-errors for C-family languages
- References: <20101109141929.GB7991@nightcrawler>
On Tue, 9 Nov 2010, Nathan Froyd wrote:
> The patch below implements -fmax-errors for the C family of languages,
> as requested by PR 44782. I chose -fmax-errors rather than
> -ferror-limit for compatibility with the Fortran front end's option. I
> suppose if people wanted, we could add -ferror-limit as an undocumented
> Needs C approval for the c-family changes and a diagnostic maintainer's
> approval for diagnostic.* changes.
I don't think this should be a C-family option; just like -fshow-column,
for example, it should be a generic option in common.opt. If some
languages' diagnostics aren't affected by it because they don't go through
the common machinery, that is a problem with those languages (and maybe a
consequence of missing features in the generic diagnostic code that need
implementing before those languages can switch to it).
Joseph S. Myers