This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH: Enable TARGET_HAS_SINCOS if x87 FPU fsincos is available
- From: Maxim Kuvyrkov <maxim at codesourcery dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: "H.J. Lu" <hongjiu dot lu at intel dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Uros Bizjak <ubizjak at gmail dot com>, David Turner <digit at google dot com>
- Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 20:16:47 +0400
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Enable TARGET_HAS_SINCOS if x87 FPU fsincos is available
- References: <20100830144016.GA31228@intel.com>
On 8/30/10 6:40 PM, H.J. Lu wrote:
x86 Bionic C library doesn't provide sincos and we shouldn't enable
TARGET_HAS_SINCOS with OPTION_BIONIC on x86.
To be more precise, Bionic doesn't currently implement sincos() for any
of the architectures, not just x86.
When I was working on adding Bionic support to GCC, David Turner
(Bionic's lead, CC'ed) planned on adding sincos() to Bionic in the near
term specifically to enable GCC's sincos optimization.
What are Bionic's plans on supporting sincos()? Growing number of users
are now trying out what will become GCC 4.6 and it is becoming important
for GCC and Bionic to be on the same page regarding available features.
(650) 331-3385 x724