This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix PR 44691
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Andrey Belevantsev <abel at ispras dot ru>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "Vladimir N. Makarov" <vmakarov at redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 06:28:54 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix PR 44691
- References: <4C6B9A2F.email@example.com>
2010/8/18 Andrey Belevantsev <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
> As explained in the audit trail, the problem was that in the selective
> scheduler I assumed that SUBREG_REG will always be a REG, which seems to be
> not the case. ?This is not quite in line with what documentation says, if I
> read it correctly, but it seems to be used in a number of backends, so the
> below patch just gives up substitution also when SUBREG_REG is not a
> register. ?Bootstrapped and tested on ia64, and verified that the test is
> fixed on x86_64.
> I think that this qualifies as obvious, so unless Vlad or other people have
> any comments, I'll commit it tomorrow.
> Yours, Andrey
> 2010-08-18 ?Andrey Belevantsev ?<email@example.com>
> ? ? ? ?PR rtl-optimization/44691
> ? ? ? ?* sel-sched.c (count_occurrences_1): Also punt when SUBREG_REG
> ? ? ? ?is not a register.
Shouldn't we add the testcase?