This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch, Fortran, F08] PR45290: pointer initialization
- From: Jerry DeLisle <jvdelisle at verizon dot net>
- To: Janus Weil <janus at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: gfortran <fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 19:40:06 -0700
- Subject: Re: [Patch, Fortran, F08] PR45290: pointer initialization
- References: <AANLkTi=5dbVoJdDzuqL5mEnbLcbMJan26sq+HT7iiWKK@mail.gmail.com>
On 08/16/2010 02:40 PM, Janus Weil wrote:
Hi all,Looks OK, thanks!
here is a patch which implements the new pointer initialization
capabilities of F08. While in F03 all pointers had to be initialized
to NULL(), F08 allows non-NULL initialization values for data pointers
as well as procedure pointers. The patch contains some parsing bits in
decl.c, a couple of diagnostic checks in resolve.c and check.c and a
small hunk in trans-expr.c which handles the translation to the middle
I hope everything should work as advertised. Regtesting was successful
on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu (except for the continuing failure of
array_memcpy_3.f90, cf. PR45266).
Ok for trunk?