This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Quad-float math library: licence question
- From: Steve Kargl <sgk at troutmask dot apl dot washington dot edu>
- To: Toon Moene <toon at moene dot org>
- Cc: FX <fxcoudert at gmail dot com>, Fortran List <fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 08:20:46 -0700
- Subject: Re: Quad-float math library: licence question
- References: <A1C88B53-2820-4DA6-90D7-C1F403D7B0B4@gmail.com> <4C667C97.email@example.com>
On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 01:23:03PM +0200, Toon Moene wrote:
> One obvious question I see coming is "why can't you just *call* the
> binary128 routines in glibc ?", so I have to understand that bit first
> (otherwise I'm bound to get into a slow back-and-forth between you and me).
glibc isn't the libc on many supported OS's, e.g.,
FreeBSd, NetBSD, OpenBSD, Solaris, ...