This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Avoid -lm and -lpthread in libjava on darwin
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Jack Howarth <howarth at bromo dot med dot uc dot edu>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, iains at gcc dot gnu dot org, mikestump at comcast dot net
- Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 11:20:08 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Avoid -lm and -lpthread in libjava on darwin
- References: <20100812111936.GA23630@bromo.med.uc.edu>
On 08/12/2010 04:19 AM, Jack Howarth wrote:
> Currently libjava built on darwin inappropriately passes -lm
> and -lpthread to the linkage flags. These prevent libSystem from
> properly linking last and thus interferes with the logic behind
> libgcc_ext. The attached patch eliminates these undesired linkages
> by not setting THREADLIBS or THREADSPEC on darwin and by replacing
> the hardcoded assignment of '-lm' to libgcj_tools_la_LIBADD with
> a new LIBJAVA_LDFLAGS_LIBMATH define (which is assigned with '-lm'
> only when USING_DARWIN_CRT is undefined). Bootstrapped and regression
> tested on x86_64-apple-darwin10. Okay for gcc trunk and gcc 4.5.2?
Is this patch necessary with the remove-outfile patch in place?