This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Combiner fixes
- From: Bernd Schmidt <bernds at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2010 18:09:40 +0200
- Subject: Re: Combiner fixes
- References: <4C572CA0.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4C583E34.email@example.com>
On 08/03/2010 06:05 PM, Richard Henderson wrote:
>> * config/arm/constraints.md (M): Examine only 32 bits of a
>> * config/arm/predicates.md (power_of_two_operand): Likewise.
> Is this left over from before you fixed the GEN_INT to
> be trunc_int_for_mode? This doesn't seem right...
Why not? The problem is (1 << 31), which is a power of two, but
negative in SImode and fails the test if sizeof HOST_WIDE_INT > 32.
It's actually needed _after_ fixing the GEN_INT.