This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Patch ARM] committed - Remove superfluous definition of COSTS_N_INSNS in the ARM backend.
- From: Ramana Radhakrishnan <ramana dot radhakrishnan at arm dot com>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2010 09:52:34 +0100
- Subject: [Patch ARM] committed - Remove superfluous definition of COSTS_N_INSNS in the ARM backend.
- Reply-to: ramana dot radhakrishnan at arm dot com
This removes a superfluous definition of COSTS_N_INSNS in the ARM
backend. This bit of code dates back to 2000 when the ARM and Thumb
backends were merged but wasn't removed when the definition of
COSTS_N_INSNS was moved to rtl.h in Sept. 2000. I can't see how this
definition could have been exercised in the last few years and hence
committed as obvious.
2010-08-02 Ramana Radhakrishnan <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* config/arm/arm.c (COSTS_N_INSNS): Remove definition.
--- config/arm/arm.c (revision 162810)
+++ config/arm/arm.c (working copy)
@@ -6293,9 +6293,6 @@ arm_cannot_force_const_mem (rtx x)
#define REG_OR_SUBREG_RTX(X) \
(GET_CODE (X) == REG ? (X) : SUBREG_REG (X))
-#define COSTS_N_INSNS(N) ((N) * 4 - 2)
static inline int
thumb1_rtx_costs (rtx x, enum rtx_code code, enum rtx_code outer)