This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Small improvement for new code in postreload
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Bernd Schmidt <bernds at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 09:37:56 -0600
- Subject: Re: Small improvement for new code in postreload
- References: <4C4EF8EB.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 07/27/10 09:19, Bernd Schmidt wrote:
Now that my new optimization in postreload is hopefully stable, I've
committed the following tweak for it to make it handle more cases.
We were being overly conservative about not substituting into an insn
that sets the register, e.g.
r2 = r3 + 4;
r3 = [r2]; // r2 dead
can be transformed into
r3 = [r3 + 4];
- adds r0, r0, #24
- adds r0, r0, #12
+ adds r0, r0, #36
Bootstrapped and regression tested on i686-linux.