This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Emit more REG_EQUIV notes for function args (PR42235)
- From: "John David Anglin" <dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca>
- To: bernds at codesourcery dot com (Bernd Schmidt)
- Cc: law at redhat dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 15:06:13 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: Emit more REG_EQUIV notes for function args (PR42235)
> On 07/19/2010 06:51 PM, Jeff Law wrote:
> > Assuming John confirms it fixes the PA failure. OK.
> Yeah, it didn't, and I think I missed a gen_lowpart in there anyway :-(
> Now trying to do something with the compilefarm PA machine, although
> I'm not sure it's a 64-bit one (is it?)
I never use it. HP-UX on "current" machines supports both 32 and 64-bit.
However, generating the initial 64-bit gcc version is still a bit tricky
if it is not present. Linux only has a 32-bit runtime.
The failure was a null pointer fault. However, it has been passed through
multiple layers of inlined functions, and gdb isn't working well. So,
I haven't been able to find the fault. I think I'll retry the testsuite
to see if I can find some more simple failures.
J. David Anglin firstname.lastname@example.org
National Research Council of Canada (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6602)