This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [trans-mem] Re: EH TM bug
- From: Aldy Hernandez <aldyh at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 15:16:11 -0400
- Subject: Re: [trans-mem] Re: EH TM bug
- References: <20100715162802.GA16858@redhat.com> <4C3F433E.email@example.com>
On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 10:19:58AM -0700, Richard Henderson wrote:
> [ TM+EH fails for i686-linux ]
> Wow, this is silly. When I converted to C++, I added -fno-exceptions
> to get better code in the library, since the library itself does not
> use exceptions.
> Except there are a few routines involved in the *user's* exception
> handling, and we need the unwind tables generated for that. Of course
> I did all the previous testing with x86_64-linux, which builds the
> tables by default.
Sweet! Thanks. Of course, from now on we'll be testing 64 *and* 32-bits,
now that we finally have the entire testsuite working for both :).
Do you mind committing to the branch?