This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [ARM] Improve pipeline description for NEON
- From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- To: Jie Zhang <jie at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 16:21:34 +0100
- Subject: Re: [ARM] Improve pipeline description for NEON
- References: <4C3D58B3.email@example.com>
On Wed, 2010-07-14 at 14:26 +0800, Jie Zhang wrote:
> I found many NEON instructions were using cortex_a8_default in scheduler
> instead of corresponding NEON reservations. The instruction patterns in
> neon.md usually don't set "type" attribute, which will default to "alu".
> Then "cortex_a8_alu" in cortex-a8.md would apply. It's not correct. This
> patch fixes it.
> Tested on arm-none-eabi for NEON. Is it OK?
> * config/arm/cortex-a8.md (cortex_a8_alu): Don't use
> cortex_a8_default when neon_type is not none.
This is OK