This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [commit, spu] Unbreak SPU build (Re: Allow gc roots to be structures with array fields)
- From: "Ulrich Weigand" <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- To: rdsandiford at googlemail dot com (Richard Sandiford)
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 15:14:57 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: [commit, spu] Unbreak SPU build (Re: Allow gc roots to be structures with array fields)
Richard Sandiford wrote:
> "Ulrich Weigand" <email@example.com> writes:
> > Richard Sandiford wrote:
> >> The patch also errors for array fields in an array of structures,
> >> which are in general too complex to handle with a single count and
> >> stride.
> > This breaks spu builds as the new error catches the spu_builtin_description
> > data type in spu.h.
> Sorry the breakage. I see it triggered for the parm array, which isn't
> garbage-collected, so the error's obviously too eager. I'll try to make
> it only trigger for garbage-collected fields.
Yes, I guess this would be better. In any case, I'll leave the SPU
implementation as-is now; breaking out the generated fndecl into a
separate data structure seems nicer anyway.
Dr. Ulrich Weigand
GNU Toolchain for Linux on System z and Cell BE