This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [commit, spu] Unbreak SPU build (Re: Allow gc roots to be structures with array fields)
- From: Richard Sandiford <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>
- To: "Ulrich Weigand" <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 20:30:14 +0100
- Subject: Re: [commit, spu] Unbreak SPU build (Re: Allow gc roots to be structures with array fields)
- References: <201007122111.o6CLBtwt010764@d12av02.megacenter.de.ibm.com>
"Ulrich Weigand" <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Richard Sandiford wrote:
>> The patch also errors for array fields in an array of structures,
>> which are in general too complex to handle with a single count and
> This breaks spu builds as the new error catches the spu_builtin_description
> data type in spu.h.
Sorry the breakage. I see it triggered for the parm array, which isn't
garbage-collected, so the error's obviously too eager. I'll try to make
it only trigger for garbage-collected fields.