This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch, fortran] PR4773 - [4.6 Regression] Unnecessary temporaries increase the runtime for channel.f90 by ~70%
- From: Tobias Burnus <burnus at net-b dot de>
- To: Paul Richard Thomas <paul dot richard dot thomas at gmail dot com>
- Cc: fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 09:49:44 +0200
- Subject: Re: [Patch, fortran] PR4773 - [4.6 Regression] Unnecessary temporaries increase the runtime for channel.f90 by ~70%
- References: <AANLkTikanMhKUaI75kr6-BjdMSaFwLXNVQK1-2dRIzbK@mail.gmail.com>
On 07/09/2010 05:04 PM, Paul Richard Thomas wrote:
> Bootstrapped and regtested on RHEL5.3/i686 - OK for trunk and.....?
I was wondering whether one should add a test case (-Warray-temporaries).
OK for the trunk - and for the branches, for which the array-temporary
fix has been applied to.
> 2010-07-09 Paul Thomas <email@example.com>
> PR fortran/44773
> * trans-expr.c (arrayfunc_assign_needs_temporary): No temporary
> if the lhs has never been host associated, as well as not being
> use associated, a pointer or a target.
> * resolve.c (resolve_variable): Mark variables that are host
> * gfortran.h: Add the host_assoc bit to the symbol_attribute