This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: ARM patch: Improve Thumb epilogues (PR40657)
- From: Bernd Schmidt <bernds at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Richard Earnshaw <Richard dot Earnshaw at buzzard dot freeserve dot co dot uk>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2010 00:47:17 +0200
- Subject: Re: ARM patch: Improve Thumb epilogues (PR40657)
- References: <4C364F2A.email@example.com> <4C365532.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 07/09/2010 12:46 AM, Richard Earnshaw wrote:
> You also need a test that the optimization isn't used when the result
> would be clobbered. For example, if the function returned long long and
> 12 bytes needed to be popped.
> OK with that change.
Surely that's covered by all the existing execute test?