This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: IRA improvements 0/4
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Vladimir Makarov <vmakarov at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Jeffrey Law <law at redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2010 07:51:46 -0700
- Subject: Re: IRA improvements 0/4
- References: <4C34818E.email@example.com>
Vladimir Makarov wrote:
> The branch was tested on x86/x86_64/ppc64/arm and benchmarked on
> SPEC2000 and SPEC2006 on x86_64. For x86_64 SPEC20006 (Core i7) the
> branch creates smaller size code (about 0.2%), needs less 1 sec for
> compilation, and generates the same INT score and 1% better FP score.
Those are great results!
Would you please also post scores from at least one embedded RISC
architecture, e.g., ARM, MIPS, Power? Even x86_64 is a bit of a
different beast from these, and before we merge this in, I think we
should know what this does elsewhere.
(650) 331-3385 x713