This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Remove ALIGN_INDIRECT_REF
- From: Richard Guenther <rguenther at suse dot de>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: irar at il dot ibm dot com
- Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 14:26:11 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Remove ALIGN_INDIRECT_REF
- References: <alpine.LNX.email@example.com>
On Fri, 2 Jul 2010, Richard Guenther wrote:
> This patch removes ALIGN_INDIRECT_REF from the compiler and instead
> represents it as a combination of a BIT_AND_EXPR for pointer re-alignment
> and a MEM_REF operation. This allows all analysis pieces that can
> deal with MEM_REF (or formerly INDIRECT_REF) also deal with
> ALIGN_INDIRECT_REF. Especially alias information will be available
> on the RTL side.
> I am in the process of re-bootstrapping and testing the patch on
> powerpc64-linux and plan to commit it on Monday if that worked out.
Committed as rev. 161830.