This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Patch, fortran] PR44596 - [OOP] Dynamic dispatch uses broken types
- From: Paul Richard Thomas <paul dot richard dot thomas at gmail dot com>
- To: fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2010 16:47:53 +0200
- Subject: [Patch, fortran] PR44596 - [OOP] Dynamic dispatch uses broken types
Patch committed as 'obvious' - revision 161801.
The patch follows a suggestion of Richard Guenther to disable TBAA for
vtables by making all pointers to them ref-all. The better route
would be to provide BINFOs; however I think that the coming evolution
of OOP in gfortran will make this unnecessary, since (I think) the
vtables in a given class will all be the same type.
Bootstrapped and regtested on RHEL5.3/i686
2010-07-04 Paul Thomas <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* trans-types.c (gfc_get_derived_type): Derived type fields
with the vtype attribute must have TYPE_REF_CAN_ALIAS_ALL set.