This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch PR 44576]: imprivement in compute_miss_rate for prefetching loop arrays
- From: Sebastian Pop <sebpop at gmail dot com>
- To: Richard Guenther <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- Cc: "Fang, Changpeng" <Changpeng dot Fang at amd dot com>, Christian Borntraeger <borntraeger at de dot ibm dot com>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "uweigand at de dot ibm dot com" <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>, Zdenek Dvorak <rakdver at kam dot mff dot cuni dot cz>
- Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 11:42:43 -0500
- Subject: Re: [Patch PR 44576]: imprivement in compute_miss_rate for prefetching loop arrays
- References: <D4C76825A6780047854A11E93CDE84D02F7757@SAUSEXMBP01.amd.com> <AANLkTin-jtLSxIZNwBmDnABSb_PSsf2QBOm3snacNqQ7@mail.gmail.com>
On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 04:33, Richard Guenther
> On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 2:01 AM, Fang, Changpeng <Changpeng.Fang@amd.com> wrote:
>> Attached is the patch that partially fixes bug 44576: ?testsuite/gfortran.dg/zero_sized_1.f90 with huge compile
>> time on prefetching + peeling.
>> This patch avoid useless computation of miss rate because, if delta (address diference) is greater than or equal to
>> cache line size, The two references will never hit the same cache size and thus all misses.
>> This patch reduces the compile time of the test case from 5m30'' to 1m20'' on an amd-linux64 system.
>> Note that without -fprefetching-loop-arrays, the compile time on the same system is 30'', and I am still
>> working on reducing the complexity of reuse analysis and miss rate computation.
>> The patch passed Bootstrapping and regression tests.
>> Is this patch OK to commit?