This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: combine/dce patch for PR36003, PR42575
- From: Bernd Schmidt <bernds at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp at bitrange dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 01:03:12 +0200
- Subject: Re: combine/dce patch for PR36003, PR42575
- References: <4C20938E.firstname.lastname@example.org> <alpine.BSF.email@example.com> <4C239FFA.firstname.lastname@example.org> <alpine.BSF.email@example.com>
On 07/02/2010 12:48 AM, Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:
> "So, I guess rtl.texi should change too?" (to
> require a mode at the zero_extract rather than mentioning it to
> default elsewhere).
I'm not sure. In theory it sounds like it would be better, but I think
given past practice the compiler is prepared to deal with it, and I
don't know whether all ports now define a mode for their zero_extracts.