This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: fix stubify-1.mm on i686-apple-darwin
- From: Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>
- To: Iain Sandoe <idsandoe at googlemail dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org Patches" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 19:08:12 -0700
- Subject: Re: fix stubify-1.mm on i686-apple-darwin
- References: <EE6E4EDC-E944-4C76-925C-1D8C103C02D3@comcast.net> <4F4024A5-3A50-4521-9D7A-323FA772CA55@googlemail.com>
On Apr 28, 2010, at 9:23 PM, Iain Sandoe wrote:
> The patch you've applied clearly works - but now -mdynamic-no-pic is accepted silently by x86-*darwin* compiler - but it doesn't produce the code implied... this could trip up an unsuspecting user.
It is just an optimization flag, so the dangers are low.