This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PR c++/35669 NULL (__null) not considered different from 0 with C++
- From: Manuel López-Ibáñez <lopezibanez at gmail dot com>
- To: Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer dot com>
- Cc: Gcc Patch List <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 20:15:08 +0200
- Subject: Re: PR c++/35669 NULL (__null) not considered different from 0 with C++
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <alpine.LSU.email@example.com>
On 24 April 2010 20:14, Gerald Pfeifer <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Hi Manu,
> On Sat, 20 Feb 2010, Manuel López-Ibáñez wrote:
>> 2010-02-20 ?Manuel López-Ibáñez ?<email@example.com>
>> ? ? ? PR c++/35669
>> ? ? ? * c.opt (Wconversion-null): New option.
>> ? ? ? * doc/invoke.texi (Wconversion-null): Document.
> are you planning to submit an update for gcc-4.6/changes.html
> covering this, too? ?Actually, that's new on 4.5, right, so it
> should go into gcc-4.5/changes.html?
I thought it was generally acknowledged that not every new option
needs to be documented in changes.html. This was the answer I got not
so long ago when I asked to document a new option. Since I disagree
with that policy. How about this?
RCS file: /cvs/gcc/wwwdocs/htdocs/gcc-4.5/changes.html,v
retrieving revision 1.87
diff -r1.87 changes.html
< <code>-Wabi</code> will now warn about code that uses the old
> <code>-Wabi</code> will now warn about code that uses the old
> <li>Conversions between <code>NULL</code> and non-pointer types
> are now warned by default. The new option
> <code>-Wno-conversion-null</code> disables these warnings.
> Previously these warnings were only available when using
> <code>-Wconversion</code> explicitly.</li>