This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] Abandon -qrtems_debug
- From: Ralf Corsepius <ralf dot corsepius at rtems dot org>
- To: Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer dot com>
- Cc: Ralf Corsepius <ralf dot corsepius at rtems dot org>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Joel Sherrill <joel dot sherrill at OARcorp dot com>
- Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 08:40:31 +0200
- Subject: Re: [patch] Abandon -qrtems_debug
- References: <4BAC3CBC.email@example.com> <alpine.LSU.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 04/24/2010 06:47 PM, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
On Fri, 26 Mar 2010, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
RTEMS has abandoned supporting -qrtems_debug for several years,
i.e. keeping -qrtems_debug doesn't make much sense anymore.
To reflect this change in RTEMS, I intend to apply the patch below.
Should this be documented in gcc-4.6/changes.html, too?
I don't have a strong opinion on this.
This patch has been part of the rtems-gcc patches for several years, as
well as had -qrtems_debug been abandoned in RTEMS for even longer.
It's just that this patch had not made it into the FSF GCC, because the
FSF source tree it is effectily "almost permanently closed" (==
regression fixes only) to us ;)