This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PR 42966 add some indication that a warning has been converted to an error
- From: Manuel López-Ibáñez <lopezibanez at gmail dot com>
- To: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at cs dot tamu dot edu>
- Cc: Gcc Patch List <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Simon Baldwin <simonb at google dot com>
- Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 18:09:25 +0200
- Subject: Re: PR 42966 add some indication that a warning has been converted to an error
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On 26 February 2010 12:45, Gabriel Dos Reis <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Manuel López-Ibáñez <email@example.com> writes:
> | With -fdiagnostics-show-option, this patch adds [-Werror=option] to
> | warnings converted to errors. For default warnings (those not assigned
> | to any option), it adds [enabled by default]. For default warnings
> | converted to errors it adds [-Werror]. For warnings not converted to
> | errors, the output remains the same, that is, [-Woption].
> does the testsuite show any regression (because of the new suffix)?
> | This is a low impact patch, and -fdiagnostics-show-option is disabled
> | by default, so I think it should be pretty safe to commit for 4.5.
> | OK for 4.5? or 4.6?
> OK for 4.6; OK for 4.5 if the Release Managers are OK with it.
I had to fix a bunch of tests that were not there when I submitted the
patch. Committed as revision 158349.
2010-04-14 Manuel López-Ibáñez <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* diagnostics.c (diagnostic_report_diagnostic): Mark specially
warnings converted to errors.
* gcc.dg/cpp/warn-undef-2.c: Update.
* gcc.dg/cpp/warn-traditional-2.c: Update.
* gcc.dg/cpp/warn-comments-2.c: Update.
* gcc.dg/cpp/warn-variadic-2.c: Update.
* gcc.dg/cpp/warn-long-long-2.c: Update.
* gcc.dg/cpp/warn-deprecated-2.c: Update.
* gcc.dg/cpp/warn-multichar-2.c: Update.
* gcc.dg/cpp/warn-normalized-3.c: Update.
* gcc.dg/cpp/warn-cxx-compat-2.c: Update.
* gcc.dg/cpp/warn-trigraphs-3.c: Update.
* gcc.dg/cpp/warn-unused-macros-2.c: Update.
* gcc.dg/cpp/warn-trigraphs-4.c: Update.
* gcc.dg/cpp/warn-redefined-2.c: Update.
* gfortran.dg/warning-directive-2.F90: Update.
* c-c++-common/cpp/warning-directive-2.c: Update.