This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix PR c++/42556 (try 2)
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Jie Zhang <jie at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 07:58:19 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix PR c++/42556 (try 2)
- References: <4BBB3FD7.email@example.com>
Jie Zhang wrote:
> This patch is a simplified version of my initial patch:
> Compared to the old patch, this one only handles the case that all
> elements of the initializer are non-constant and split out in
> split_nonconstant_init_1. This patch is done in C++ front end and does
> not touch gimplifier. Hope this will be easier to be accepted. Is it OK?
This patch is OK if it passes the testsuite. I agree that it would be
nice if the downstream optimizers could do this for us, but there's
nothing wrong with simplifying things for them in the front end.
(650) 331-3385 x713