This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Function annotations for noclobber/noescape arguments
- From: Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>
- To: Richard Guenther <rguenther at suse dot de>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 15:30:41 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Function annotations for noclobber/noescape arguments
- References: <alpine.LNX.email@example.com>
> This is a heads-up and request for comments. I plan on going forward
> with http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2009-11/msg01026.html,
> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2009-11/msg01027.html and
> next week (after updating the patches and re-testing them).
> I expect that for example the Fortran folks want to annotate their
> runtime library API with such information.
Also C++ library should get the annotations. We probably also want
to decide what to do about the -Wattribute-* warnings. Last time
discussion died on various details without a conclussion, I will
post updated patch.
Is there way to annotate the "this" pointer of C++ methods?
> Anyway, comments and suggestions welcome.