This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PR 42966 add some indication that a warning has been converted to an error
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at cs dot tamu dot edu>
- To: Manuel LÃpez-IbÃÃez <lopezibanez at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Gcc Patch List <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Simon Baldwin <simonb at google dot com>
- Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 04:45:37 -0600
- Subject: Re: PR 42966 add some indication that a warning has been converted to an error
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Manuel LÃpez-IbÃÃez <email@example.com> writes:
| With -fdiagnostics-show-option, this patch adds [-Werror=option] to
| warnings converted to errors. For default warnings (those not assigned
| to any option), it adds [enabled by default]. For default warnings
| converted to errors it adds [-Werror]. For warnings not converted to
| errors, the output remains the same, that is, [-Woption].
does the testsuite show any regression (because of the new suffix)?
| This is a low impact patch, and -fdiagnostics-show-option is disabled
| by default, so I think it should be pretty safe to commit for 4.5.
| OK for 4.5? or 4.6?
OK for 4.6; OK for 4.5 if the Release Managers are OK with it.