This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH PR 43061: check DECL_PRESERVE_P in the midend
- From: Steven Bosscher <stevenb dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>
- Cc: gcc-patches Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 23:33:29 +0100
- Subject: Re: PATCH PR 43061: check DECL_PRESERVE_P in the midend
- References: <86E1D9A0-DCD7-45E0-9D07-2C7BEA0792E8@comcast.net>
On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 11:28 PM, Mike Stump <email@example.com> wrote:
> This fixes 245 failures in the objective-c testsuite for me. ?The
> interesting question is, should we also remove the || lookup_attribute
> ("used", DECL_ATTRIBUTES (decl) part? ?My first guess, would be no, other
> frontends might only set the attribute and not DECL_PRESERVE_P.
Why do front ends that handle attibute "used" not just set
DECL_PRESERVE_P? That would avoid the lookup_attribute calls.