This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
PING *objc, NeXT runtime, testsuite changes*
- From: IainS <developer at sandoe-acoustics dot co dot uk>
- To: gcc-patches Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: Janis Johnson <janis187 at us dot ibm dot com>, Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>
- Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 15:58:52 +0000
- Subject: PING *objc, NeXT runtime, testsuite changes*
The current situation with Darwin/NeXT runtime testsuite errors for
Darwin targets >= 9 is not helpful..
... there are a large number of non-informative errors present because
the NeXT runtime and headers on Darwin9+ are at rev. 2 whilst the FSF
implementation is at rev.0.
The following patches reduce these non-informative errors where
possible - which hopefully, allows us to spot other issues.
Please could these be considered before we fork 4.5 so that
improvements in the branch can also be more readily tracked?
In fact, the first two patches are not actually Darwin-specific -
although they affect us most severely.
1/ target-supports for ObjC
2/ test trivial cases for each RUNTESTFLAGS iteration
3/ wrapper headers and target logic to remove non-informative error
cruft from Darwin ObjC tests.